B.Tech: Bachelor of Technology
B.Tech stands for Bachelor of technology. It is an undergraduate engineering degree awarded in many countries like India, USA, Norway, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, etc. It is also spelled as BTech. The duration of this degree program is 3 to 4 years depending on different countries and universities.
Branches of B.Tech
A candidate who has completed the B.Tech degree in any of its branch is designated as an Engineer. Some of the popular branches of B.Tech are as follows:
- Computer Science
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Material Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical & Communication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Agriculture and Food Engineering
Features of B.Tech:
- It gives more emphasis on skills, i.e. it can be considered a skill-oriented course.
- It focuses on practical applications including the theoretical aspects.
- The course curriculum is regularly updated.
- Industrial visits and internship are essential parts of this course.